Classification of the light source of laser engraving machine and Selection criteria for laser engraving machines.
At present, the common light sources of laser engraving machines on the market mainly include CO2 light source, fiber light source, purple light source, green light source, and diode light source. The laser wavelength is different, and the engraving efficiency is also very different.
Among them, CO2 laser engraving machine is mainly suitable for non-metallic materials such as wood, leather and plastic.
- Fiber light source, the main materials for engraving are metal or materials with a relatively high density of paint. Wood is generally not easy to carve unless it is extremely dense and hard.
- Purple light source, is a relatively high-end light source, the engraving is very fine and the engraving range is wide.
- Green light source, we may have seen many three-dimensional images in the middle of acrylic, generally engraved with green light source. The green laser has a high absorption rate of glass materials, and high-energy laser beams will not have a great impact on glass, so the green light source can engrave transparent glass and other materials.
- Diode light source, which is originally a light source for stage lighting, has achieved a gorgeous turn in the laser engraving industry. Its engraving principle is somewhat similar to lighting a cigarette butt under the sun with a magnifying glass.
I believe that many friends who want to buy a laser engraving machine are most concerned about this issue. Everyone definitely wants to choose a practical and affordable laser machine type. Therefore, before choosing, you had better understand the advantages and disadvantages of various laser machines.
- CO2 laser engraving machine
Advantages: Engraving materials are widely used, such as wood, leather, plastic, rubber, etc., with high power, fast engraving speed and high precision.
Disadvantages: The machine is bulky and generally 40-50 kg, it is not easy to move, and the price is generally moderate. It is applicable to the factory.
- Fiber laser engraving machine
Advantages: High engraving accuracy and fast speed, suitable for batch operation in factories and can be connected to factory automation production lines.
Disadvantages: The machine is generally more expensive about $2000 or more, and the volume is relatively large and the weight is more than 30 kilograms.
- Purple laser engraving machine
Advantages: wide range of engraving materials, both metal and non-metal can be engraved. One machine can be used for multiple purposes.
Disadvantages: Expensive, because of the characteristics of the purple light source, the machine is generally more than $3000 to $4000, and the machine is also relatively heavy. It is applicable to high-end manufacturing.
- Green laser engraving machine
Advantages: It can realize three-dimensional engraving and 3-dimensional positioning engraving. Disadvantage: It is bulky and expensive.
- Diode laser engraving machine
Advantages: The price is low, less than $145, generally not higher than $400, it is small nd easy to move.
Disadvantages: The engraving speed is slow, and pure metal cannot be engraved. Due to the speed limit, it is generally more suitable for personal DIY home use, or small-scale customization for small and medium-sized businesses.